CFO Series-Dealing with Problem Employees: What Works?
Course Code: KIDMCDW2 Program Level: Intermediate Description: A team member is not performing satisfactorily. You've tried several corrective actions – none worked. We must dig to determine the root causes. We will review a 15-step process to assess all the reasons why they are not performing, so you can reduce and hopefully eliminate performance issues. Proper planning is essential. If none of the fifty suggestions work, we will review how to part ways. The sooner you address the issues, the sooner the situation can improve. If you have had one employee problem, this session is for you. Learning Objectives:
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify a process to analyze why an individual is not performing well
- Determine root causes for turnover
- Choose a solution to the situation so each party is better off
The major topics covered in this class include:
- How turnover is an issue
- Most common causes of turnover
- Better job of preventing ‘problem’ employees
- Effective discussions to end to the relationship
- How to develop a customized plan for each unique situation
- A fifteen-step action plan to use – for you and for the employee